Simply offers a free migration service for customers who want to migrate from open source to one of Simply’s cloud editions (Sales, Support, or Ultimate). The cloud editions offer several benefits including free monthly feature updates, support, and daily backups.
Please email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate the migration process
- Simply version being used.
- SQL Database dump
- Storage folder.
- Simply On Demand trial account username
- List of users you would like migrated from Open Source to On-Demand.
- Please don’t use Simply CRM Open Source while creating a backup.
- If you encounter any trouble taking a database dump, please provide us with your ssh/server information
- Custom code or extensions will not be migrated to your On Demand account.
- If you do not have On-Demand account, please let our Support team know.
How can I take database dump?
Open Windows Command prompt, and type the following command:
mysqldump databasename -u username -p password -P portnumber > database.sql
For more details, click here
In case you are using simply CRM bundled installation, mysqldump is available under simply “C:Program Filessimplycrm-x.y.zbin” folder.
The other option simply Backup Server, refer: https://wiki.simplyhq.com/index.php/Backup_Server
How to take the storage folder
Storage folder will be located in the main directory of simply CRM
Where can I find the database credentials
Refer config.inc.php in simply CRM source directory.
Why do i still see duplicate records after the migration to On Demand?
Migration process doesn’t modify the records that are present in the database. If duplicates are present before the migration, they will exist after the migration is completed.
Why do I see lock tables error while taking dump?
mysqldump: Got error: 29: File ‘./db/table_1001269.MYD’ not found (Errcode: 24) when using LOCK TABLES
You can take database dump with (–skip-lock-tables option).
mysqldump databasename -u username -p password -P portnumber –skip-lock-tables > database.sql